Facts about Telescope
Facts about Telescope:
- Telescopes not only help magnify far away objects but they also allows humans to see parts of the light spectrum beyond visible light, including gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet rays, infrared rays, microwaves and radio waves.
- Galileo did not invent the telescope, he was, however the first to methodically use it to peer into the night sky. Dutch eyeglass maker Hans Lippershey (1570-1619) actually invented the optical telescope in 1608.
- Telescopes perform three main functions:- Light gathering, resolving and magnifying.
- The single most important factor in determining how well a telescope will perform is aperture or the diameter of a telescope’s lens or mirror. Its aperture determines the brightness and sharpness of its images.
- The world’s most expensive telescope is the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) at $2.1 billion. Its replacement, the Webb telescope, due to launch in 2018, is estimated to cost $8.3 billion.
Make your child learn more about the Telescope by providing them with Telescope toy. It will boost their STEAM learning skills and will enhance their interest in science. SOK provides you the toy with the link mention below: