Melissa and Doug Alphabet Peg Puzzle includes a piece for each of the 26 letters in the alphabet. A colorful picture under each piece shows an image beginning with the same letter. Lift up a letter to reveal a brightly colored picture. Images under the alphabet pegs start with the letter displayed on the piece, helping your child develop letter recognition and reading skills while still having fun.
Alphabets is derived from alpha’ and ‘beta’, which are the first two letters of the Greek alphabets.
Learnings from Melissa and Doug Alphabet Peg Puzzle:
- Helping to develop letter recognition and pre-reading skills!
- Also, encourages eye-hand, fine motor and visual perception skills.
- The word “rhythm” is the longest word without a vowel.
- The letter W is the only letter in the alphabet that has 3 syllables (all others have 1).
- 1 out of every 8 letters written is an E.
- The least commonly used letter in English is Z.
About Melissa and Doug: Melissa and Doug is an American manufacturer and purveyor of children’s toys. The company was founded by Melissa and Doug Bernstein in their basement and in Doug’s parents’ garage in 1988. It is headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut.
Suitable from 3 yrs.+